Australian-born Kym Herjavec has been dancing competitively since the age of 3. Trained in ballet, tap, jazz, and acrobatics, Herjavec made a name for herself in the competitive ballroom dancing world when she was 13. After racking up many awards over the years, Herjavec became a world famous TV star when she joined “Dancing With The Stars” as a regular competitor.
Her newest endeavor: Opening up her own Beverly Hills dance and fitness boutique studio, THE BOD. It had always been her dream to open up her own studio. She jumped at the chance when Richard Simmons’ former famed space, Slimmons, became available.
According to Herjavec, THE BOD is a judgment-free zone that’s designed to be warm, friendly, and inviting. “We offer choreography you can do at every level and we build on the same routine for several weeks so people can learn it.” Some classes currently on the schedule are 80s Bod, Disco Bod, 567-Broadway, and Candlelight Yoga Bod.
Kym’s Workout Routine
- When training for “DWTS,” she dances eight hours a day.
- Off-season, she dances or runs on the treadmill for cardio and then does sculpting for legs, arms, and core.
- She modeled her classes at THE BOD after how she trains: “With the studio, I get to still dance and do the workout that I love!”
Dancing Her Way Into Love with Shark Tanker, Robert Herjavec
- Kym Herjavec met her husband Robert Herjavec, star of “Shark Tank,” on the 10th anniversary season of “Dancing With the Stars.”
- She hadn’t been on the show in two years but they wanted her back for the special season. “I was planning on moving back to Australia and then all of a sudden I got partnered with Robert.”
- The couple kept it very professional when training together for the show. Halfway through the season, Robert took her on a date and the romance blossomed.
- Although the married couple—who just celebrated their one-year anniversary—has an action packed schedule, they still dance together when away on holiday. “He remembers salsa and cha-cha and can still keep up!”
What’s On Kym’s Dance Class Playlist:
- Spice Girls
- Barry Manilow (“Copacabana”)
- Justin Timberlake
- Olivia Newton John (“Let’s Get Physical”)
- Britney Spears (“Toxic”)
- Bruno Mars
- Kylie Minogue
How To Stay In Shape Through The Holiday Season
- Make sure you workout a little bit every day, even if it’s 10 minutes of skipping rope, abs, and some burpees.
- Check out her online program at TheBodByKym.com.
- Don’t limit yourself with food. “I don’t deprive myself of the pumpkin pie,” she shares, but she is a big advocate of small portion sizes.