One of SoCal’s favorite resorts is inviting you to a culinary extravaganza that promises to tantalize your tastebuds in the prettiest of settings.
The weekend will include an intimate champagne reception, refreshing breakfast on the beach, specialty seminars led by award-winning chefs and winemakers, a unique farm-driven grand tasting dinner, live entertainment, and more.
There will also be a cocktail competition where guests will be invited to vote for their favorite libation, and maybe indulge in one or two while making their final decision.
Cocktails in the competition include the Firebird, Koyo, London Knights, Native Flourish, Rye Berry Smash, and Somebody Call 911. Terranea is proud of its Farm-to-Terranea culinary philosophy that focuses on utilizing local and sustainable ingredients. Its bountiful land boasts herb and vegetable gardens, lemon groves, beehives, a Sea Salt Conservatory and more, all which will play a central part of this year’s celebration.
Terranea’s Celebration of Food and Wine Itinerary:
Friday, September 22, 2017:
· Join Terranea on Friday evening at Taste at Twilight, during which six of Terranea’s bartenders compete to create the crowd’s favorite libation, with the top two voted choices then showcased at the after-party on Saturday evening. As attendees sip on Champagne, they can enjoy a selection of bites masterfully prepared by Executive Chef Bernard Ibarra’s culinary team, paired with local beers and wines, at food stations within the pool cabanas. Set around the glittering pool, majestic ocean views and live music serve as the reception’s backdrop. Early bird a la carte tickets are available for $150/pp (prices go up to $165 on September 1, 2017). 6-10 p.m.
Saturday, September 23, 2017:
· Breakfast at the Cove, an al fresco picnic featuring a number of stations, includes a grill serving Flap Steak Asada, Pan Chilaquiles, and a Potato Taco Skewer; a griddle station with scrambled eggs and Plancha-Fried Fried Rice; a bagel bar served out of a kayak; a fresh fruit station; and a selection of freshly baked pastries, including Mortadella, Basil and Gouda Cheese Croissants, Matcha Green Tea Streusel Tea Cakes, and Parmigiana Paprika Granola Bars. Nitro Coffee, mimosas, and bloody marys round out the most important meal of the day. Seating consists of picnic tables and blankets on the beach, and guests will enjoy live music from Wise. Early bird a la carte tickets are available for $90/pp (prices go up to $100 on September 1, 2017). 8:30-11 a.m.
· Join Chef Ibarra during the Vista Experience to taste some of his house made kombucha. The afternoon event includes seminars on sustainability, cheese-making and sea-salt demonstrations, a falconer presentation, and Greenbar Distillery kombucha cocktails featuring Tru Organic vodka. There will also be live music. A la carte tickets are available for $85/pp (prices go up to $100 on September 1, 2017). 11 a.m-2 p.m.
· During the late afternoon experience the Tour of the Central Coast Tasting Lunch with a three-course tasting menu held on the catalina kitchen terrace by Chef de Cuisine David Tarrin. Tickets for the Tour of the Central Coast are available for $65/pp (prices go up to $75 on September 1, 2017). 2-3 p.m.
· The California Pinots Tasting Lunch is a three-course tasting menu prepared by mar’sel’s Chef de Cuisine Andrew Vaughan, paired with California Pinots, and served on the restaurant’s ocean view terrace. Tickets for the California Pinots are available for $85/pp (prices go up to $95 on September 1, 2017). 2-3 p.m.
· The Farm-to-Terranea Dinner will include a three-course dinner served family-style by Chef Bernard Ibarra. Relaxing at communal tables outside, guests can taste dishes including Spit Roasted Lamb with Moroccan spices; Chilled Garlic and Almond Soup Shooter; Grilled Tomato Salad with house goat cheese and freshly cut basil; Pressed Herb Potato Pie; and Stuffed Honey Brulée Figs. Live music by Northern Lights provides the evening’s soundtrack. Tickets to the Farm-to-Terranea tasting dinner at the farm are available for $245/pp with the inclusion of the after-party (prices go up to $265 on September 1, 2017). 6-9 p.m.
· The After Party: Night Cap on the Terrace ends the evening on a sweet note, offering fine ports and chocolates to guests looking to indulge their taste buds under the stars. To cap the night, Terranea announces the cocktail competition winner following a tally of the guests’ votes. Event ticket holders are invited to attend. 10 p.m.-1 a.m.
Ticket prices vary for each event. For those who’d like to partake in the entire weekend, Terranea offers a Celebration of Food & Wine package deal for $575/pp, which includes all events Friday through Saturday night (room rate additional; does not include Sunday Brunch).